I could never do this without you!
Thank you so much for your help. It is only with your financial support that I am able to run a campaign. Whether for purchasing lawn signs, or printing literature, I could not do this without you.
From the bottom of my heart,
You can make donation securely online with your Credit or Debit Card through PAYPAL.
You can also make a donation through one of the following methods:
- A cheque can be made out to:
“Laura Dudas Official Agent“
then send an email to Donate@VoteForLaura.ca and we will come pick it up at your house.
- Send an e-transfer from your bank directly to Donate@VoteForLaura.ca
***When sending an e-transfer, please ensure that you include your full name and address in the notes section of the transfer for record keeping and a receipt***
The Municipal Elections Act requires that only residents of Ontario may make a contribution to a candidate’s campaign. Contributions to municipal and school board candidates, as well as third party advertisers, are not tax deductible, but may be eligible for a municipal rebate (see below).
The most you can contribute to a single candidate is $1,200.
An individual may not contribute more than a total of $5,000 to two or more candidates for offices on the same municipal council. A minimum contribution of $25.01 is required to be eligible for the payment of a rebate and the maximum rebate shall not exceed $75.
About Municipal Rebates
The following formula is used to municipal calculate rebates:
- If the contribution by an individual to a candidate is $25 or less, there is no rebate for that contribution;
- If the contribution by an individual to a candidate is equal to or greater than $25.01 and not more than $100, the rebate is 50% of the total contribution;
- If the contribution by an individual to a candidate is greater than $100, the rebate is $50 plus 25% of the amount by which the contribution exceeds $100; and
- The maximum rebate to an individual may not exceed $75, except for candidates who withdraw their nomination in accordance with the Act, in such circumstance, the rebate to an individual is 75% up to a maximum of $900.00.
|Total contribution||Total rebate|
|$25.00 or less||$0|
|$200.00 – $1,200.00||$75.00|
If an individual makes more than one contribution to a single candidate, the formula noted above also applies. The rebate will be calculated using the sum of the contributions. For example, if an individual contributes $10, five different times to candidate X resulting in a total amount of $50, the individual is eligible for a rebate for their $50 contribution to candidate X.
The same formula applies if an individual makes a contribution to more than one candidate. The rebate will be calculated using the sum of the contributions, provided that no single contribution is less than $25.01.